Caring for Our Senior Friars


I guess I would have to regard stumbling upon this newly uploaded video as providential.  It contains interviews with several senior Capuchin friars including our longtime former Spiritual Assistant, Fr. Andy Drew, OFM Cap..  Fr. Andy guided us from initial inception (meaning before we were established as a fraternity) through the mid to late 1990's. At that time he was serving as Catholic Chaplain to Norwich State Hospital.  Our founder Lillian France, who had moved from Ohio to the Norwich area, was inspired to form a new fraternity and sought his assistance...and the rest is history. It's really good to see him and hear his voice.



1 comment:

LAlvarez said...

Jim!
Pax et Bonum!

Its Luis Antonio Alvarez, OFS here. I am sorry for not contacting you sooner. But I have heard it said, "Better late than never." How are you? I saw the picture of the retreat that is posted on your blog. I have to say, you have NOT changed one bit. Thank you for posting the video of the Friars - I love seeing Fr. Andrew Drew, OFM Cap., he was so good to me while at Korban Fraternity. I, for the life of me, can't remember the name of the minister who I professed under. I wish there was a way of finding out. I am located in Omaha, NE and I'm the minister of Pater Noster Fraternity and also the NE/IA Councilor for the Queen of Peace Region, a very large geographical area. Take care and stay safe! I see that the fraternity has moved locations. Pater Noster Fraternity has moved several times. Its part of the "Perfect Joy" given to us by our local parishes. [haha] Please give my fraternal love to the fraternity.

Luis