Catholic Under The Hood


I mentioned at the onset that I wanted to promote 'Catholic new media'. A good place to start is with Fr. Seraphim Beshoner, TOR (a Franciscan friar of the Third Order Regular),who teaches history at Franciscan University in Steubenville, Ohio. He has already produced over 250 'podcasts' dealing with Catholic history/spirituality from a Franciscan perspective. I've only discovered him recently but each and every show I've listened to has been fascinating and enriching. There's simply no way that I could begin to research his topics in the way he does and so I feel very fortunate to have discovered him as a spiritual resource. His subjects are both entertaining and enlightening.

He has his own website: Catholic Under The Hood. In addition he is part of a new 'network' of Catholic podcasters that you'll find on SQPN.com (more on that in the future). Finally, here is a directory to scan the titles of his entire lineup of podcasts. I've place a sample of one of his recent podcasts in the post below and plan to highlight some of his earlier podcasts from time to time. I hope you give him a try.

No comments: